Friday, September 16, 2005

Damn Yankees

Living where I live, it's dangerous to come right out and say you hate the Yankees - but I really hate the Yankees! And even worse than the Yankees themselves is Yankee fans, who think they know everything about all of baseball. And I'm surrounded by them!! So I particularly enjoyed this Newsday online article about how the Indians (and maybe the Athletics) could beat the Yankees out of a wildcard playoff spot. How sweet would that be!! At the present time, the Indians are just a half game ahead of the Yanks for the wildcard spot - but at least they're in striking distance.

Quoting from the article:
"What's most humiliating, you could argue, is that the Yankees - baseball's ultimate bullies - are fighting for their lives against a couple of pip-squeaks. If they fail to make the playoffs this season, it will be either the Indians ($41.5 million payroll) or the Athletics ($55.4 million) who knock out their sorry, $208-million behinds. And if you had to choose poisons for George Steinbrenner, there's little doubt that an Indians' triumph would irk him the most."

The only Yankee I admire is Joe Torre, and here's what he's got to say about it:
"The Indians, they're right there and they stay there," Joe Torre told reporters in St. Petersburgh, Fla., yesterday. "... And they don't know they're not supposed to be there, right? It doesn't really matter. This time of year, it's how good you think you are."

Right on, Joe! Go Tribe!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go Yankees!!! Ok just kidding, but anyway, I have been waiting for a new post so that I can comment on it but there hasn't been one in a while. So what can I do except say Go Yankees!! Although I think they lost miserably in their last game . . . . but to be honest I have no clue cause i don't watch baseball . . . .

10:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home