Thursday, July 13, 2006

eBay is Amazing!

So in a continuation of the raccoon story, I did actually check out what a search of 'raccoon' on eBay gets you. Just for fun. A 'Davy Crockett' style hat will run you about 20 bucks, should you be so inclined. As you might expect, many items can be found in 'collectibles' but that doesn't solve my problem in the least - what to do with all the raccoons I've been catching in my trap. The most interesting opportunity is in 'raccoon penis bones'. Believe it or not, there is a thriving eBay market in such - see, for example, this link. I thought it must be a joke - in fact, I was unaware that penis'es HAD bones!! But a little more googling and I discovered many web sources that describe these little trinkets - and so this appears to be a for-real opportunity to utilize my overstock of raccoons. Not that I would really do it. Don suggests that posting copies of these websites near the trap might discourage raccoons from entering. If only they could read! OK, i'm in a weird mood - must stop now, before this gets completely out of control!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home